Wednesday 7 April 2021

CONSTRUCTION: SOCIAL MEDIA

 I chose to use the platforms of Twitter and Instagram to promote Charlotte. I liked these platforms as they are user friendly and allowed for both pictures and text to be uploaded together. I decided to upload 3 posts with identical text on both platforms. Each of these posts included 3 sentences, to abide by the rule of three, to increase the mystery around the film. Although I haven't reached much of an audience on either platform, I managed to use the follow function to give hints about the plot by only following paranormal experts and short films. By creating social media, it allows for a wider audience to discover the film and become potential audience members.


The instagram can be found at https://www.instagram.com/charlottefilm2021official/

My Instagram is very basic as I wanted to build up the mystery, so by using 3 black posts with white lettering, it made the text stand out a lot more than it usually would. I used a brief synopsis to allow the audience to get more of a feel for the film. I really liked the effect of the black backgrounds with the dark mode on Instagram as it blended into the background, leaving just the white text to appear as if it was floating, much like paranormal objects.



The Twitter can be found at https://twitter.com/CFilm2020

My Twitter was quite similar to my Instagram, as I used the same text on both. This allowed for a cohesive social media brand and helped potential audience find both platforms effectively. My profile picture came from a video I took that eventually got cut from the final trailer but I still really liked the mystery it gave off.



Upon reflection, I think I should have used images on my Twitter and had more than 3 posts on each. However, I am happy at the basic format that was cohesive on both platforms.







No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME MODERATOR!

 Welcome Moderator! Christina Taylor 1799 Claremont Fan Court School 64680 I worked in a production team with Jacob Cooper 1720 and Harrison...