Tuesday 6 April 2021

REFINEMENTS, CHANGES, EDITS AND REFLECTIONS

Over the course of the construction of my trailers, there were a lot of changes made to my two trailers. My first full trailer received the feedback that some clips were portrait and didn't reflect the stereotypical trailer. At first I thought I could justify those clips being from a phone and reflecting the found footage, but upon self reflection I felt they weren't necessary and that I could create a suspenseful trailer without them.

Once I started using the Final Cut Pro X software, I found my work was of a much higher quality and I felt a lot more confident in my ability to create an effective horror trailer.

When I filmed a lot of my footage, I was unaware that the wind would cause interference with the sound, so when I was editing I acted on feedback to create a voiceover to replace the original sound in the clips that included wind interference.

I was proud of the way I wrote an initial script as it formed the basis to the storyline we ended up creating, and without it our trailers may not have had a fully developed story.

I didn't get along with my production team at first and that really meant a lot of confusion over what we needed to get done, By speaking to Mrs Mann, we managed to get the boys up to date on what their roles were in the production team and we produced a lot more quality work after creating a group chat on social media.

I managed to create a custom filter on Final Cut Pro X with the help of Harrison in order to fix lighting inaccuracies. This ensured that the daytime shots looked like night. I layered sound on the software for the first time and the feedback I received made me aware that these both were effective in hooking the audience in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME MODERATOR!

 Welcome Moderator! Christina Taylor 1799 Claremont Fan Court School 64680 I worked in a production team with Jacob Cooper 1720 and Harrison...